CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“integrity is not a noun, it’s a verb.”
Just about everyone “knows” right from wrong. And if someone knows right from wrong, they could be said to “have integrity,” as they possess the requisite knowledge. Yet, we know that’s not what real integrity is – as not everyone acts with it.
The paradigm shift is as powerful as it is simple: every day we wake, every day to a chance to live a life of integrity. For some this may be the sustainment and building upon yesterday. To others, it’s a new chance. A new chance to begin again and to change the course of what “was” to “what is.”
Integrity ia an everyday thing. Its a lens we live our lives through. Yesterday matters, but not nearly as much as right now.
Take 10 minutes to do the coaches warm-up
Kick Push (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
Ascending ladder for 12:00:
– 3 push presses 95/65
– 3 toes to bar
– 3 calories Echo Bike
Reps climb by 3 reps every round.
– Today there is a 20 minute running clock.
– the first 12 minutes is an AMRAP
– score will be rds. and reps
– barbell comes from the floor.
– expect to get into the round of 15.
– you should be able to complete push presses in 2-3 sets.
– reduce weight
– use dumbbells
– knees to elbows or knee raises
Split Jerk (work up to a heavy single split jerk)
On the 12:00, using an 8:00 minute window, build to a heavy single split jerk
– this activity starts right at the end of the 12 minute AMRAP.
– a heavy single should be one that hovers around the 85-90% mark.
– after the first conditioning WOD, this is not going for a 1RM.
– as we explode up we want to focus on driving the bar straight up pulling our head out of the way.
– as the bar goes up, we want to use the weight of the bar to push ourselves down under the bar.