CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Do not fear failure. But be terrified of regret.” – Ashley Soughtley Spaulding
The reality of life is that we will hear more “no’s” than “yes’s”.
And we will fail.
But despite the hundreds of doors closed on our phase, the hundreds of times we are told “no way”, they will never haunt us. What we will regret will be the instances where we gave up. Where we told *ourselves” no.
We don’t fear failure… we welcome it. It’s where the learning occurs. Where the real magic happens.
Back Squat (Back Squat
Set 1: 3 Back Squats @ 73%
Set 2: 2 Back Squats @ 79%
Set 3: 1 Back Squat @ 85%
Set 4: 3 Back Squats @ 76%
Set 5: 2 Back Squats @ 82%
Set 6: 1 Back Squat @ 88%
Rest 1 Minute Between Sets)
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– Pauses between reps are permitted with the bar held in the back rack position.
– Weights will climb up, then come back down, then climb back up again.
– Score: Enter weight used for Set 6, 1 Rep at 88%.
1:00 Bottom Of Air Squat Hold
10 Air Squats
30s Empty Barbell Bottom of Back Squat Hold
10 Empty Barbell Back Squats
3 Back Squats (Light Weight)
2 Back Squats (Moderate Weight)
…Keep building in sets of 2-3 reps until you reach 73%
1-Mile Run (Time)
Max Effort 1-Mile Run
– Conditioning Category: High Threshold
– Complete this at a running track if you can.
– Score: Time. Update your PR if it applies.
– If your goal is to beat your current PR, figure out what pace per 400m you need to hold in order to do so.
– If your current time is 8:00, and you want to beat your time by 10 seconds, you’ll need to hold just under a 2:00 per 400m pace.
– Often times when doing a mile time trial athletes will just try to go as fast as they can the whole time and by the last lap, they are completely gassed. Instead of doing this, try to pick a pace and hold it throughout. If you have a kick at the end, pick up the speed and finish strong.
1,600 METER RUN
– 2,000m/1,600m Row
– 1,600m/1,200m Ski
– 4,000m/3,200m Bike
– 1,200m Air Run
Row and TTB (AMRAP – Reps)
Max Calorie Row
Every 3 Minutes [0-3-6-9-12]:
Unbroken Set of Toes to Bar
– Flow: Athletes will begin with an unbroken set of toes to bar then head to the rower and accumulate as many cals as possible until the 3:00 mark. At the 3:00, athletes head back and complete another set of toes to bar, then head back to the rower.
– Athletes should not go to failure on the toes to bar. Leave about 3-5 reps in the tank each round.
– The monitor does not need to be reset each round.
– Score: Enter total cals + total toes to bar completed over the course of the 15 minutes.
MAX CALORIE ROW
– Max Cal Ski
– Max Cal Bike
– Max Shuttle Runs
– Max Air Run Calories
TOES TO BAR
– Toes To As High As Possible
– Knees To Chest