CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Theresa
Imagine we’re moving. And we have two friends, who both extend an offer to help.
The first friend writes us a check for 1,000 dollars to help with the moving expenses. Incredibly generous. The second friend doesn’t offer a dime, but instead comes to our old place, helps us pack up every box, drives with us to the new house, and unpacks everything with us into the early hours in the morning.
Fast forward two weeks later. Both friends call you to ask for a favor. Which friend are we more likely to help?
We would choose the second friend. But why? If we were to try to explain, we collectively would flow to the same, natural response… “Because they would have done it for me.”
Money has relative value. But time is an absolute.
If we want to make a “perishable donation”, give money.
If we want to make an everlasting impact, give time.
Clean and Jerk (Clean & Jerk
Build To A Heavy Double
– These can be squat or power cleans as well as split or push jerks. We suggest a squat clean &split jerk.
– Reps do not need to be performed touch and go.The barbell may NOT be dropped after the first clean and jerk. Use control and build your strength!
– Score: Enter heaviest successful attempt of 2.
With An Empty Barbell:
5 Good Mornings
5 Strict Presses
5 Power Cleans
5 Front Squats
5 Squat Cleans
5 Split Jerks
With A Light Weight:
3 Clean & Jerks
With A Moderate Weight:
2 Clean & Jerks
…Keep making weight jumps until you are ready to attempt your heavy double.
Front Squat (Front Squat
Set 1: 8 Front Squats @ 61%
Set 2: 6 Front Squats @ 70%
Set 3: 4 Front Squats @ 79%
Set 4: 8 Front Squats @ 64%
Set 5: 6 Front Squats @ 73%
Set 6: 4 Front Squats @ 82%
Rest 1 Minute Between Sets)
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– Reps should be completed unbroken. It is okay to pause between reps with the bar in the front rack.
– Weights will build up, come back down a bit, then build back up again.
– Score: Enter weight used for heavy set of 4 @ 82%.
– Reduce Percentages
– Sub Dumbbells
30 Clean and Jerks, 135# / 95#
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Sprint
– Loading should not exceed 70% or your 1RM clean &jerk.
– Score: Total time.
– There is really no right or wrong in this workout when it comes to strategy. We just want to stay moving.
Options To Consider:
– All singles
– Knock out a set of 10+ reps then drop to singles
– Alternate between touch and go sets of 3-5 & 3-5 singles
– Sets of 3-5
– Sets of 10
CLEAN & JERKS
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells