CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” – Bill Watterson
“Satisfied” feels like a dangerous word.
As competitors, we’re always striving for betterment. Through an everlasting hunger to improve, we wake each day looking to press forward. Although a phenomenal quality, this can be a double-edged sword.
We can fall into the trap of telling ourselves, “I’ll be happy when”. I’ll be happy when I make this PR, get that job, or buy that home. Yet, the finish line always moves. As soon as we do reach that PR, we’re immediately turning to thinking about the next.
The call to action is to appreciate where we are today. To reflect not just on the “to improves”, but to reflect on the positives. The accomplishments. To be proud of where we’ve come from, and where we’re about to go.
Clean & Jerk (Weight)
Clean & Jerk
Build to Heavy Single For The Day
With An Empty Barbell:
5 Good Mornings
5 Strict Presses
5 Power Cleans
5 Front Squats
5 Squat Cleans
5 Split Jerks
With A Light Weight:
1 Power Cleans + 1 Squat Clean + 1 Split Jerk
With A Moderate Weight:
1 Clean & Jerk
…Keep making weight jumps until you reach your heavy single for the day.
Deadlifts MRx: 155/95, Rx: 185/125,
Dumbbell Hang Power Cleans MRx: 30/15, Rx: 40/25, Rx+: 50/35
Strict Handstand Push-ups
Time Cap: 20 Minutes
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold. Athletes should move at their maximal sustainable pace while grinding through these movements.
– Deadlifts: Loading should not exceed 65% of you 1RM deadlift.
– Dumbbell Hang Power Cleans: Should be performed with 2 dumbbells and can be swung in between the legs or outside legs.
– Strict HSPU: Athletes should be able to complete 7 or more reps unbroken when fresh in order to complete reps as prescribed.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout. If capped, add 1s for every missed rep.
– Let’s plan our strategy around the strict handstand push-ups.
– If we are confident we can complete the HSPU unbroken, we can be more aggressive on the barbell and dumbbells. Maybe shooting for unbroken sets or 1 break on the earlier rounds.
– If we know we’ll need to break up the HSPU a bit, we should be a bit more conservative on the barbell and dumbbells. Maybe going for 2-3 sets on the earlier rounds and 1 break on the later rounds.
– Let’s really try to make our transitions smooth and consistent.
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
DUMBBELL HANG POWER CLEANS
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Barbell
– Sub Kettlebells
– Use Riser
– Sub Dumbbell Strict Presses
– Sub Pike Push-Ups
– Sub Push-Ups