CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Most people think they lack motivation when they really lack clarity.” – James Clear
Rowing harder doesn’t help if the boat is headed in the wrong direction.
When was the last time you sat quietly on where you would be in a year from today?
5 years from today?
… 20 years?
It’s blurry, and should be. Yet this pivotal step is far too often missed, rushed, or even avoided all together. The result: we climb a ladder to a window we never fully intended to climb into.
This is where working harder meets working smarter.
In this journey, clarity is a weapon. It will bring light to situations where we need patience, and to others where we need action. Our guardrails as we steamroll down the highway, as effort and drive is our strength. We just need to continue to point ourselves in the right direction.
“Overhead Squats” (6 Rounds for weight)
On the 1:30 x 6 Sets:
– Start at 75-85% of your 1RM power snatch and build from there.
– Barbell should be taken from a rack.
– Score: Enter weights used for each set.
1:00 Bottom Of Air Squat Hold
10 Air Squats
30s Empty Barbell Bottom of Overhead Squat Hold
10 Empty Barbell Overhead Squats
6 Overhead Squats (Light Weight)
4 Overhead Squats (Moderate Weight)
…Keep building (if needed) to 75-85% of your 1RM power snatch in sets of 2-3 reps.
Fighting Words (3 Rounds for reps)
3 Rounds For Total Reps:
1 Minute Chest To Bar Pull-ups
1 Minute Overhead Squats
1 Minute Double Unders
1 Minute Power Snatches
1 Minute Bar-Facing Burpees
1 Minute Rest
Barbell: MRx: 55/35, Rx: 65/45, Rx+: 75/55
– Conditioning Category: Threshold. Athletes should aim to move through this workout at their maximal sustainable pace.
– Chest To Bar: Athletes should be able to complete at least 10 reps each round.
– Overhead Squats: Athletes should be able to complete at least 12 reps each round. Loading should not exceed 55% of your 1RM OHS.
– Double Unders: Athletes should be able to complete at least 30 reps each round.
– Power Snatches: Athletes should be able to complete at least 12 reps each round.
– Bar-Facing Burpees: Athletes should be able to complete at least 8 reps each round.
– Score: enter total reps completed each round. Overall score will be the sum total.
– We are going to be able to bank the most reps on the double unders and overhead squats and/or power snatches. Let’s make our main focus on these few movements and choose our pace/strategy on the other movements around this.
– Aim for smaller quick sets on the chest to bar to save the shoulders for the overhead squats.
– Aim for bigger sets of overhead squats ads breaks between sets can get pretty lengthly here.
– Let’s try for 1-3 sets of double unders. We should the mindful of our shoulders as we’ll be moving right to power snatches after this.
– Let’s see if we can hit sets of 3 or more on the power snatches.
– Find a steady pace on the burpees. We don’t need to sprint as we’ll only have a minute to rest and reset before the next round begins.
– There is no programmed rest for transition so let’s transition at the 45-50s mark each minute.
– After the first round, we’ll have goal numbers for each movement. Let’s try to stay within 5 reps on each movement each round.
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– Ring Rows
– Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbell
– Front Squats
– Air Squats
– Single Unders
– Plate Hops
– Ski Calories
– Bike Calories
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbell(s)
– Kettlebell Swings
– Bar-Lateral Burpees
– Calorie Bike
– Calorie Row
– Box Jump Overs
Monday Grunt Work (Time)
3 Rounds For Time (15 Min. Cap)
-9 Strict Ring Dips
-12 Double Dumbbell Box Step Overs (24″/20″)
-21/15 Calorie Ski Erg
Dumbbells: MRx: 25/15, Rx: 35/25, Rx+: 45/35
– The ring dips should take less than 1:30 to complete each round.
– The dumbbell box step-overs should be performed with 2 dumbbells held down by the sides. Both feet should touch the top of the box every rep. Reps should take less than 1:00 to complete each round.
– The ski should take less than 2:00 to complete each round..
– Score: Total time it tales to complete the workout. (15 Min. Cap)
STRICT RING DIPS
– Reduce Reps
– Banded Strict Ring Dips
– Box Dips
– Bar Dips
– Kipping Ring Dips
DUMBBELL BOX STEP-OVERS
– Reduce Reps/Loading
– Reduce Box Height
– Sub Dumbbell Reverse Lunges
15/12 CALORIE SKI
– Reduce Cals
– 15/12 Echo or Assault Bike
– 21/15 Cal Bike Erg or Row
– 12 Shuttle Runs (25ft. Out + 25ft. Back)
– 15/12 Cal Assault Run
– 200m Run