CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Seek not good from without; seek it within yourselves, or you will never find it.” – Epictetus
When something goes right, we’re relatively quick to point to actions we took to get there. But when something goes wrong, it’s all too easy for us to do the opposite. To play the “blame game”, where we’re using external events as excuses.
A core tenant of Mental Toughness is responsibility. To accept that we played a role. But the purpose is not to blame ourselves or throw a pity party. The purpose is that it gives us *options*.
When we take responsibility and look within, we now are in control. We can now focus on the moves to make to put ourselves into a better position. It opens our eyes to the path forward. If we do the opposite however, and blame the externals, we have surrendered control. We won’t have any control, as the story we’re telling ourselves is that outside events determine my path.
Responsibility is a weapon. And it only comes from within.
Jerk Complex QFA (Weight)
On the Minute x 10 Sets:
1 Push Jerk
1 Split Jerk
– Ideally, athletes should use the same weight across.
– Barbell should be taken from a rack.
– Both reps should be completed before re-racking the bar.
– Aim for somewhere between 65-75% of your 1RM jerk ()
– Score: Enter weight. Add to notes any weight changes. Try to keep the same weight for all 10 sets
20s Handstand Hold
20s Empty Barbell Overhead Hold
5 Empty Barbell Strict Presses
5 Empty Barbell Push Presses
5 Empty Barbell Push Jerks
5 Split Jerks
Duck, Duck, Goose (Time)
“Duck, Duck, Goose”
2 Rounds For Time:
400 Meter Run ( 1 KM on Bike )
21 Push Jerks
120 Double Unders
Time Cap: 15 Minutes
MRx: 95/55, Rx: 115/75, Rx+: 135/95
– Conditioning Category: Sprinty Threshold. Athletes should aim to move at their highest maximal sustainable pace.
– Run: Should be completed in less than 2:15.
– Push Jerks: Should be completed in less than 1:15. Loading should not exceed 60% of your 1RM push jerk.
– Double Unders: Should be completed in less than 2:30.
– Score: Time it takes to complete the workout. If capped, add 1s for every missed rep.
– Let’s pace the 400m runs in a way that will allow us to hold on for big sets of push jerks and double unders.
– Aim for 1-2 sets on the push jerks.
– If you can hold on for an unbroken set of double unders, let’s do it. If 120 reps is too many for an unbroken set, let’s aim for 2 sets of 60, 3 sets of 40, or 4 sets of 30.
– With this workout only being 2 rounds, we should aim for a slightly more aggressive strategy than we would usually go with.
400 METER RUN
– Reduce Distance
– 500m Row
– 400m Ski
– 1,000m Bike
– 300m Air Run
– Reduce Reps/Load
– Sub Dumbbells
– Reduce Reps
– 2:00 of Practice
– 120 Plate Hops
– 180 Single Unders
Grunt Work (Time)
Kettlebell Swings MRx: 35/20, Rx: 53/35, Rx+: 70/53
Dumbbell Lunges MRx: 30/15, Rx: 40/25, Rx+: 50/35
– The kettlebell should be swung all the way overhead.
– The dumbbell lunges should be performed with 2 dumbbells. You may rest the dumbbells on the shoulders or hold them down at your sides.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout.