CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut” – Dr. Suess
This quote is worth reading twice.
We are creatures of habit. We enjoy our routines. From the morning rituals, to the way we warm up for a workout, to our regimented diets and food plans.
Although dialing in the routine is a great thing, it’s important that we remind ourselves to “keep our eyes open.” What Dr. Suess’s quote alludes to is an open mind. Even when we feel we’ve found exactly what works for us, we must resist the urge to close our eyes and ears to new ideas.
There is so much to learn, experience, and challenge ourselves with. That is, if we only keep our eyes open to do so.
Always a student.
Power Clean (Power Clean
Build To A Heavy Set of 3
– We aren’t necessarily looking to PR today. Just build to something that feels heavy for today.
– Athletes should perform all reps as touch and go.
– Score: Heaviest successful lift.
5 Rounds For Time:
20 Chest to Bar Pull-ups MRx: Pull Ups
5-4-3-2-1 Clean & Jerks
MRx: 125/75, Rx: 185/115, Rx+: 225 / 155
Time Cap: 15 Minutes
– Conditioning Category: Grind. Athletes will grind through the chest to bar and heavy clean and jerks.
– Chest To Bar: Reps should take 2:00 or less each round.
– Clean &Jerks: Athletes can perform any style clean and any style jerk that they would like. Reps should feel heavy but loading should not exceed 75% of your 1RM clean &jerk.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout. If capped, add 1s for every missed rep.
– The barbell is HEAVY today so let’s plan to break up the chest to bar if we know we are likely to struggle with the loading today.
Sets of 4’s or more works great here each round.
– If you feel confident in the barbell, let’s try to hold on for bigger sets of the chest to bar.
– The clean and jerks will best be cycled in singles.
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Reduce Reps
– Banded Chest To Bar
– Ring Rows
– Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
– Cleans Only