CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful after all.” – Michelangelo
Written by someone recognized as one of the greatest artists of time.
“Natural born talent” is a myth. Movies portray it, sports news glamorizes… the “uncontrollable factor” that leads to such heights of achievement. Yet here he is, Michelangelo himself, expressing his backbone to success.
It’s easy to believe that we can’t control tomorrow. To believe that it is by chance. It’s far harder to believe that it is within our capabilities. That there is another level of true grit and unrelenting effort we can choose to go. It’s realizing that the great Michaelangelo simply worked his ass off… and that we can too.
Greatness is never by chance. It is always by choice. The choice to do the work.
On the 3:00 x 5 Sets:
3 Reps @ 78%
*Percentage Based Off 1RM Deadlift
– Reps should be performed touch and go without dead stops at the bottom or dropping from the top.
– Athletes should stick to given percentage as we will build off this in the coming weeks.
– Score: Enter your 3 reps at 78%.
Cranky Christine (Time)
3 Rounds For Time:
700/600 Meter Row
21 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
Rest 3 Minutes Between Rounds.
MRx: 185/115, Rx: 225/155, Rx+: 275/185
Time Cap: 25 Minutes
– Conditioning Category: High Threshold. We’ll move at a maximal sustainable pace here but on the faster side than just a regular threshold workout due to the rest between rounds.
– Row: Completed in less than 3:30 each round.
– Deadlifts: Barbell loading should feel somewhat grindy. Completed in less than 1:00 each round. Loading should not exceed 70% of your 1RM deadlift.
– Burpee Box Jump Overs: Athletes should face the box each burpee. Reps should take less than 1:30 each round.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout including rest. If capped, add 1 second for every missed rep. Every 100m = 1 rep.
– Let’s try to get outside our comfort zone on each of these movements.
– Push the pace on the row but only slightly more than usual as this is a longer effort than our other 2 movements each round. Back off your pace for the last 50m to prepare for the deadlifts.
– Aim for 1-3 sets on the deadlifts. If you struggle with the movement, let’s break these into 2-3 quick sets (5-4-3 or 6-3). If deadlifts are your jam, hold on for all 12 reps and let out an exhale at the top of each rep to keep the heart rate in check.
– Find a steady, sustainable pace on the burpee box jump overs. See if you can speed up your pace every 7 reps knowing that there is a 3 minute rest waiting for you when you are done.
200m Easy Row
4 Light Deadlifts
700/600 METER ROW
– Reduce Distance
– 600/500m Ski
– 1400/1200m Bike
– Reduce Reps/Loading
– Double Dumbbell Deadlifts
BURPEE BOX JUMP OVERS
– Reduce Reps
– Burpee Box Step-Overs
– Bar-Facing Burpees
Pulling Accessory (No Measure)
3 Sets For Quality:
20 Unbroken Banded Strict Pull-ups
100 Meter Unbroken Farmers Carry
MRx: 35/25, Rx: 50/35, Rx+: 70/50
– Athletes should use a band that will allow for unbroken sets every round. Athletes can use different bands each set or the same band across.
– Athletes should use dumbbells for the farmers carries.
– If athletes break up a movement, they can continue from where they left off.
– Rest as long as needed between sets and movements.
– Score: No Measure. This is for quality movement. Record notes.
BANDED STRICT PULL-UPS
– Reduce Reps
– Remove “Unbroken” Rule
– Ring Rows
– Double Dumbbell Bent Over Rows
– Barbell Bent Over Rows
– Reduce Loading
– Reduce Distance
– Sub Kettlebells