CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Champions don’t blame the tools they’ve been given. Champions sharpen them.”
Abraham Lincoln once wrote that if he had six hours to cut down a tree, he would spend the first four sharpening the axe.
It doesn’t matter where you started, or even where you’ve been. All that matters is two questions: Where do you want to go? And, how hard are you willing to work to get there?
We have what we need. Everyone does. The separation comes down to who is willing to do the work.
Never make excuses.
On the 3:00 x 5 Sets:
5 Reps @ 73%
*Percentage Based Off 1RM Deadlift
– Reps should be performed touch and go without dead stops at the bottom or dropping from the top.
– Athletes should stick to given percentage as we will build off this in the coming weeks.
– Score: Mark Completed. This is to incentivize athletes to stick to their given percentage.
20s Hollow Hold
20s Superman Hold
With An Empty Barbell:
8 Good Mornings
8 Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
5 Reps @ Light Weight
3 Reps @ Moderate Weight
…If needed keep building in sets of 2-3 to 73%
Sick Joke (Time)
After Each Round:
15ft. Handstand Walk
Time Cap: 20 Minutes
BB-MRx: 155/ 105, Rx: 185/135, Rx+: 225/155
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold. Move at a hard, yet sustainable pace throughout. The handstand walks will cause the workout to get grindy in the later rounds of this workout.
– Deadlifts: Loading should not exceed 60% of your 1RM Deadlift. Reps should be able to be completed in 1-2 sets each round.
– HSPU: Can be kipping or strict. Reps should be able to be completed in 1-2 sets each round.
– HSW: Set up cones or mark lines 30ft. apart. Athletes may kick down as needed throughout the handstand walk. There is a total of 10 handstand walk efforts in this workout. Each effort should take less than 1:00 each round.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout.
– Aim to complete the deadlifts unbroken each round.
– If you have the capacity to go unbroken on the handstand push-ups, let’s do it. We can plan a break or 2 on the handstand walks as these breaks are more often quicker than the ones between handstand push-ups.
– If you don’t quite have the capacity for unbroken handstand push-up sets here. Let’s plan for 2-3 sets for the 10-9-8-7, and 1-2 sets for the 6-5-4-3. Let’s see if we can get the last 2 done unbroken. 1-2 breaks on the handstand walk is great here as well.
Practice Round 1:
10 Light Deadlifts
5 ft. HSW
Practice Round 2:
5 Workout Weight Deadlifts
5 ft. HSW
– Reduce Loading
– Reduce Reps
– Double Dumbbell Deadlifts
– Reduce Reps (Same Reps Each Round)
– Use 1-2 AbMats
– Double Dumbbell Push Presses
– Reduce Distance
– Double Dumbbell Overhead Carry
– 3 Wall Walks
– 15 Handstand Shoulder Taps
– Handstand Holds :30sec.
Abs/Lunge Accessory (AMRAP – Reps)
6 Minute Tabata
30 Sec. Work 30 Sec. Rest X 6
-Db Weighted Walking Lunges (you pick weights)
-Reverse lunges or no weight