CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“I attribute my success to this – I never gave, or took, any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
The terrifying thing about excuses, is that it blinds us to our next move. If we excuse or try to justify a misstep, we at a subconscious level tell ourselves that this is “out of my control”. That this was a fluke, or a chance event, and there’s nothing I could do differently next time.
On the flip side, owning what happens is not about beating ourselves up or throwing pity parties. It’s solely so that we can open our vision on where to go next. To see the lesson in front of us.
Excuses are contagious, and horribly damaging. Let’s take the opposite road, as growth begins with responsibility.
Back Squat (Back Squat
Build to Heavy Single
– Barbell will come from a rack.
– Rest as needed between attempts.
– Score: Enter your heavy single.
With An Empty Barbell
10 Back Squats
3-5 Back Squats @ 50%
2-3 Back Squats @ 60%
1-2 Back Squats @ 70%
1 Back Squat @ 80%
1 Back Squat @ 85%
…Keep building with small jumps until you reach your heavy single for the day.
40 Front Squats MRx: 75/45, Rx: 85/55, Rx+: 95/65
30 Front Squats MRx: 95/55, Rx: 105/65, Rx+: 115/85
20 Front Squats MRx: 105/65, Rx: 115/75, Rx+: 135/95
10 Front Squats MRx: 115/75, Rx: 135/85, Rx+: 155/ 105
On the Minute [Starting at 0:00]:
4 Bar-Facing Burpees
– Conditioning Category: Grind
– Front Squats: Athletes should use 1 barbell and change out the weights themselves. The last barbell should not exceed 70% of your 1RM front squat.
– Bar-Facing Burpees: Athletes should be able to complete the 4 reps in less than 30s each minute.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete all 100 front squats.
– Let’s aim to find a burpee pace that is sustainable throughout the workout while keeping in mind that we want to be able to leave gas in the tank for the front squats. This is likely somewhere around a 7 out of 10 effort on pacing here.
– On the front squats, let’s see if we can hold onto the bar for sets of 10 or more throughout the workout. Our cycle speed does not need to be fast here.
– Have your plates laid out and ready to go to make your weight changes as seamless as possible.
Perform 5 Front Squats @ Each Weight
…Between Sets, Perform 5 Bar-Facing Burpees
– Reduce Weights
– Sub Dumbbells
– Reduce Reps
– Regular Burpees