CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Give more. Give what you didn’t get. Love more. Drop the old story.”
We often hold onto the past. And we all have felt ourselves do it. Sometimes they are worn as scars, sometimes like trophies. It’s not uncommon to use past events as a chip on your shoulder. “They didn’t believe in me”. All of those are potent motivators. But they only last so long, as they are fleeting and weaker forms of ammunition.
When we “fight against” something, such as something in the past, we will only go so far. When we “fight for” something, it’s different. Its purpose and meaning go beyond our singular life, transcending to something far bigger. This is where you can move mountains.
Do you hold onto something from the past? Can we reframe the mental dialogue?
Back Squat Isometric (Weight)
5 Reps @ 65-70%
*4-5 Second Isometric
*Rest As Needed Between Sets
– Our next iteration of our strength pieces is isometric holds.
– For EACH back squat, hold for 4-5 seconds just below parallel. Squeeze muscles as hard as you can during pause, then fire up as fast as possible.
– Watch a clock or have someone count out loud for you as we want to complete the full 4-5 seconds to get the most out of these reps.
– Score: Enter heaviest set.
Abomination (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
21 GHD Sit-ups
15/12 Calorie Row
9 Dumbbell Thrusters
Sit Ups-MRx weighted AbMat 35/25, Rx: weighted Ab Mat 45/35, Rx+: GHD
Dumbbell-MRx: 30/15, Rx: 40/25, Rx+: 50/35
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– GHDSU: Completed in 1:00 or less.
– Row: Completed in 1:15 or less.
– Dumbbell Thrusters: Completed in 30 seconds or less.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
– Find a steady pace on the GHDSU and the rower.
– The major goal here should be to complete the thrusters unbroken each round.
– Adjust your pacing on the GHDSU and rower based on what will allow you to keep completing the dumbbell thrusters unbroken.
5 GHDSU or AbMat
5 Cal Row
5 Dumbbell Thrusters
– Reduce Reps
– Weighted Sit-Ups
15/12 CALORIE ROW
– Reduce Cals
– 15/12 Cal Bike Erg
– 12/9 Cal Assault or Echo Bike
– 12/9 Cal Ski or Air Run
– Reduce Reps/Loading
– Sub Kettlebells
– Sub Barbell