CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fate puts opportunity in front of us.
Destiny is the result of what we choose to do with it.
In turn, destiny is a choice. Not some predetermined thing of fairy tales and lore. We can sit and allow destiny to happen to us, or we can choose to have destiny happen for us.
Don’t wait to be chosen… instead choose.
Decisions = Destiny.
Back Squats x 5 (5 Rounds for weight)
For Total Load:
5 Sets of 4
– The idea here is to complete heavier loads across all sets.
– Score: Enter all 5 sets. Overall score will be the sum total load.
With An Empty Bar:
10 Back Squats
Build in sets of 2-3 reps until you are ready to hit your first working set of 4.
“Jumpin’ Jackie” (Time)
1,000 Meter Row
150 Double Unders
1,000 Meter Row
Barbell Weight: MRx: 35/25,
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Row: Completed in 4:30 or less.
– Thrusters: Loading should be super light here. 50 reps should be completed in 2:00 or less.
– Double Unders: Completed in 3:00 or less.
– Score: Time
– While we want a solid effort on the row, we need to be mindful of the work that follows. Let’s aim for a pace that is right around your 2k time trial pace. If you aren’t sure of that pace, aim for a moderate effort.
– Some athletes can reach for unbroken sets of thrusters while others will need at least one break. Get to 30 and see how you feel. If you can hold on, go for it!
– Try to waste as little energy as possible on the double unders. Keep the height of each jump low and try to keep the shoulders relaxed. If needed, take quick breaks after every 30-50 reps.
– The second set of thrusters and row will be a grind. Take what is there and chip away however you can.
10 Double Unders
1,000 METER ROW
– 800m Ski
– 2,000m Bike
– 800m Run
– 600m Air Run
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
150 DOUBLE UNDERS
– Reduce Reps
– 225 Single Unders