CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“A fall into a ditch can make you wiser.” – Chinese Proverb
A fall into a ditch is a little embarrassing. On a physical level however, it’s pretty easy to recover from. Dust off, and carry on. A fall off a cliff however is… not so nice. Both are mistakes. But one is far more damaging than the other.
Rarely do we step off the cliff first. Before we approach that edge, chances are highly likely that we are going to fall into “ditches” several times along the way, acting as quiet, but real, warning signs. It becomes dangerous when these are ignored.
A cardinal rule of ours is to never waste our failures. These seemingly small mishaps are nature’s way of letting us know where to place our efforts. Where to learn from. But there’s a reason the quote above reads “can” make you wiser. It’s a choice to learn.
Snatch Complex (5 Rounds for weight)
5 Sets For Load:
3-Position Power Snatch
3 Overhead Squats
– 3 Positions: High hang, hang, from the floor.
– Athlete’s choice on loading.
– Rest as needed between sets.
– Score: Enter all 5 weights. Overall score will be the sum total.
Snatch Biased Barbell Warmup:
With An Empty Barbell:
1 Full Complex
Build to your first working set.
– Sub 4 Single Dumbbell Power Snatches + 2 Overhead Squats Each Arm
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Burpee Box Jump Overs
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Overhead Squats
Box: Mrx: Step Overs 24/20, Rx: Jump Overs 24/20
Barbell: Mrx: 75/45, Rx: 95/65, Rx+: 115/85
– Conditioning Category: Sprinty Threshold
– Burpee Box Jump Overs: Burpees should face the box.
– Overhead Squats: Loading should not exceed 50% of your 1RM overhead squat. Barbell will come from the floor.
– Score: Time.
– Aim for unbroken sets of overhead squats.
– Pace the burpee box jump overs in a way that will allow you to get the overhead squats unbroken.
3 Burpees Box Jump Overs
3 Overhead Squats
BURPEE BOX JUMP OVERS
– Reduce Reps/Box Height
– Burpee Box Step-Overs
– Burpee To Target (6-inch)
– Reduce Reps/Loading
– Sub Single Dumbbell
– Front Squats