CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut” – Dr. Suess
This quote is worth reading twice.
We are creatures of habit. We enjoy our routines. From the morning rituals, to the way we warm up for a workout, to our regimented diets and food plans.
Although dialing in the routine is a great thing, it’s important that we remind ourselves to “keep our eyes open.” What Dr. Suess’s quote alludes to is an open mind. Even when we feel we’ve found exactly what works for us, we must resist the urge to close our eyes and ears to new ideas.
There is so much to learn, experience, and challenge ourselves with. That is, if we only keep our eyes open to do so.
Always a student.
[BASED ON MAX UNBROKEN SET FROM WEEK 1]
5-9 Unbroken: 4-3-3-3-2
10-14 Unbroken: 9-8-7-7-6
15-19 Unbroken: 12-10-8-8-6
20-24 Unbroken: 18-15-12-10-6
25+ Unbroken: 20-16-12-12-8
– Banded Strict Pull-Up
5-10 Scap Retractions
1-2 Strict Pull-Ups
– We will be using our max reps score from week 1 to determine our work to do here. Complete these reps the same way you did that first week if you modified.
– Take note of the amount of time needed between sets in order to see progress as we move forward with this progression.
– We are shooting to make these unbroken sets each time, but it’s okay if they are not.
– Rest as needed between all sets.
The Flip Side (Time)
“The Flip Side”
21 Kipping Handstand Push-Ups
12 Power Cleans MRx: 65/45, Rx: 95 / 65 lb
21 Bar-Facing Burpees
12 Power Snatches MRx: 65/45, Rx: 95 / 65 lb
Time Cap: 22 Minutes
KIPPING HANDSTAND PUSH-UPS
– Reduce Reps
– 1-2 AbMats
– Hand Release Push-Ups
– Reduce Reps
– Reduce Weight
– Single Dumbbell
– Double Dumbbell
– Regular Burpees
– Burpees Over Dumbbell(s)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Let’s make it our goal to complete couplet #1 in ~6:00-9:00 and couplet #2 in ~9:00-12:00. That means each round in the first couplet should take 3:00 or less and each round in the second couplet should take 4:00 or less.
– The kipping hanstand push-ups in couplet #1 should take less than 2:00 each round. Reduce the reps or modify the movement if needed.
– The power snatches/cleans should take less than 1:00 in both couplets. The weight should be light and completed in no more than 2 sets on any round.
– The bar facing burpees in couplet #2 should take less than 2:00. Reduce the reps if needed.
– Score: Time. If you get time capped, add 1s to your time for every missed rep.
– Aim to complete the handstand push-ups in 5 sets or less. This could be 6-5-4-3-3, 6-5-5-5, 7-7-7, 12-9, or 21 straight. We want to pick the strategy that has us resting the least about of time between sets.
– Aim to complete the snatches/cleans in 1-2 sets. 1 break here may be smart in order to save the shoulders a bit for the handstand push-ups.
– When we get to the 2nd couplet, we want to push the burpees a bit. It is going to be easy to lose a lot of time here.
– We can plan to catch our breath on the power snatches/cleans by slowing our cycle time down a bit here. We still want to aim for 1-2 sets here.