CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“There is a reason between listening, and waiting for your turn to speak.” – Simon Sinek
Listening is a skill.
To not “hear” the words of another, but to truly be in the moment. To listen sincerely.
Most listen with the intent to reply. That is, as the other is speaking, they’re already formulating what to say next. In these moments, they are no longer listening. We’ve shifted towards “hearing”.
In conversations today, pay close attention to our thoughts as the other is speaking.
The intention is this:
Listen with the intent to understand.
Not to reply.
A) Dead Stop Deadlifts
5 Sets of 4 @ 63%
B) Touch-and-Go Deadlifts
5 Sets of 4 @ 68%
– Double Dumbell Deadlifts
– Double Kettlebell Deadlifts
10 Empty Barbell Reps
4 Dead Stop Reps At A Light Weight
2 Dead Stop Reps At 1 Jump Away From First Working Weight
– Deadlifts are a movement you’ll see each week as we move through our Base phase.
– Percentages are based off your 1RM deadlift.
– The first 5 sets of 4 deadlifts are “dead stop deadlifts.” This means that we’ll deadlift the bar, control the bar back down to the floor, and then reset once the bar is back on the floor. The bar should not bounce at all here and should not be dropped from the top.
– The second 5 sets of 4 are “touch-and-go deadlifts.” This means that we’ll perform deadlifts as we would in a workout. The elbows should stay locked out throughout the entirety of each set and while we want to hold on for max reps, we do not need to do these as fast as possible. Controlled, picture perfect reps is what we’re after.
Hanging By A Moment (Time)
“Hanging By A Moment”
5 Rounds For Time:
60 Double Unders
9 Hang Power Cleans Mrx:95/65, Rx:135/95, Rx+:155 / 105 lb
1-2-3-4-5 Rope Climbs MRx: Strict Pull-ups
Rest 1 Minute After Each Round
– 1.5x Single Unders
– Line Hops
HANG POWER CLEANS
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Russian Kettlebell Swings
– 2 Strict Pull-Ups + 2 Toes To Bar = 1 Rope
– 5 Ring Rows = 1 Rope
– Reduce Height
15 Double Unders
5 Hang Power Cleans
1 Rope Climb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– In this grip and shoulder burner we’ll work through 5 intervals of double unders, hang power cleans, and an ascending ladder of rope climbs. We’ll rest 1 minute between round to catch our breath and shake out the arms.
– The double unders should take less than 1:30.
– The hang power cleans should take under 1:00. The weight should be on the moderate side but we should be able to complete the reps unbroken each round.
– The rope climbs should take less than :30s each.
– It will be the athlete’s job to note down the time on the clock at the completion of each round and start their next round exactly 1 minute from then.
– Score: Total time including rest. Make note of how long each round took in your notes if you’d like to have it.
– Try to stay as relaxed as possible on the jump rope. Keep the shoulders down and the grip loose.
– Use the hook grip on the hang power cleans to ensure that you do not lose the barbell due to grip fatigue. Bumping the bar off the quads is the quickest way to get through them. If you are not confident in cycling the bar using the “”bump clean,”” a traditional hang clean works well here too.
– Be patient on the rope climbs with your foot clamps. We want to give ourselves a solid foot lock so that we do not use the arms more than we need to. See if you can make it up the rope in 3 pulls or less.