CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Perfection can be spelled with the word paralysis.” – Churchill
The act of “starting” is all to often the most challenging.
As human beings, our survival mechanism kicks in when we approach change. It sounds the alarm, telling us we are in dangerous waters. We may find ourselves forecasting to the future, vividly conceptualizing the hardships, obstacles, and all the tough unknowns that path may bring.
This defense mechanism is amazing for avoiding predators. It can save our life! But on the hand… it can also prevent it.
Breathe into those thoughts that run through our mind when we approach change. Recognize them. Accept them for what they are. And then put them where they belong, because it’s time to get to work.
See Coaches Board
“Grit Squats” – Week 6B (Weight)
“X” Back Squats
“X” Front Squats
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– Superset means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
3 Back Squats @ 90%
5 Front Squats @ 70%
3 Back Squats @ 94%
5 Front Squats @ 72%
3 Back Squats @ 98%
5 Front Squats @ 74%
4 Rounds For Time:
500 Meter Row
9 Deadlifts MRx:105/155, Rx:115/175, Rx+:135/195
18 Double Dumbbell Push Presses MRx:15/30, Rx:20/35, Rx+:25/40
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The row should take less than 2:20
– The deadlifts should take less than :45s
– The push presses should take under 1:30
– The weight on the barbell should be a heavier weight but you should still be able to complete the reps in no more than 2 sets within the workout.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Pace the row in a way that will allow you to push the deads and push presses. Guys can aim to row at a 1:45-2:05 pace. Girls can aim to row at a 1:55-2:15 pace.
2. While the deadlifts are on the heavier side, we still want to hold on for 1-2 sets. If you know that your push presses are likely to slow you down, 1 break may be helpful in managing arm/shoulder fatigue.
3. Let’s push ourselves a bit on the push presses. Aim for 3 sets or less on these. Be mindful of your breaks and take a couple extra seconds between sets if you need it in order to stick to your strategy.
4. Have that “just start” mentality in this workout. As soon as you finish one movement, get right to work on the next.
Build To Workout Weight Deadlift
Practice Round (At Workout Weight):
4 Dumbbell Push Presses
– 400m Run
– 1000m Bike (Any)
– 400m Ski
– Sub Double Dumbbells/Kettlebells
DOUBLE DUMBBELL PUSH PRESSES