CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“All progress depends on the irrational person.”
The thought that a human could run a sub 4:00 mile was absurd. The attempts to put human beings in a giant metal tube and throw them into outer space was thought to be even more ridiculous.
When we think back to the largest accomplishments in life, it was done by those who defied the status quo. It was done by those believed things could be done differently.
We know that change is uncomfortable. It has to be. But we welcome it, fully allowing ourselves to believe that something else is possible. In the words of Epictetus, “If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish, and stupid.”
M&M’s (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 1 Round of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 2 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 3 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 4 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 5 Rounds of “Macho Man”
[Continue Adding 1 Round of Macho Man]
Barbell:MRx=95/65, Rx=135/96, Rx+=155 / 105 lb
LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
– Regular Burpees
– Lateral Burpees Over Dumbbell or Object
– Burpee To Target
“Macho Man” COMPLEX
– Sub Dumbbells or Kettlebells
4 Lateral Barbell Burpees
1 Round of “Macho Man”
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Each round of Macho Man should be completed in 1:00 or less.
– “Macho Man”: 3 Power Clean + 3 Front Squats + 3 Push Jerks
– The weight on the bar should be challenging for the push jerks but you should still be able to complete the 3 reps unbroken every round. Reduce the weight if needed.
– The traditional way to break up “Macho Man”: Complete the first 2 power cleans as quick singles. Take a slightly longer break before the 3rd. Complete the 3rd power clean and hold on to complete the rest of the complex unbroken.
– Score: Rounds + Reps. If you complete the round with 5 rounds of “Macho Man” and complete 3 burpees into the next round, your score would be 5+3.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Pace the burpees in a way that will allow you to push the barbell. Stepping up or jumping up from the burpee both are appropriate here as long as there is a 2 foot take off.
2. Stay present and focused on each barbell movement. Take it one movement at a time.
3. You can hold on for unbroken sets of the barbell complex, go for the traditional break up strategy (see stimulus), or complete each piece in unbroken sets with a break between each. Just realize that the more we put the barbell down, the more cleans we’ll need to do.
36 GHD Sit-Ups
18 Double Dumbbell Deadlifts*
Rest 2:00 Between Sets