CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“The only difference between feedback and criticism, is how you hear it.” Tim Grover
We are defensive creatures. It’s in our nature for self-preservation. We’ve all related to a time where we felt threatened by feedback. Where we felt like we were being attacked. Much like the primal man, self-preservation kicks in. But outside of that uncomfortable moment, we recognize that feedback is “the best” thing for us. It’s the secret sauce to improvement. So how can we train our minds to receive it as so?
Remind ourselves, whenever we have the luxury to receive feedback (because it is) there is no downside. There literally isn’t. Even if the feedback or advice is something we can’tuse at all, or ir doesn’t fit our goals, we still gained insight from another’s point of view or angle.
Whenever feedback comes our way, it’s a gift. If we can remind ourselves of this as the feedback comes, we’ll never hear criticism again.
See Coach’s board.
Gymnastics Push Stamina (6 rds 4x4x4)
6 rds of: (10 min max)
– 4 strict HSPU’s
– 4 strict dips (ring or box/bench)
– 4 HRPU’s
– this piece is super “high interference, meaning each movement interferes with the last.
– looking to build some strength, volume, and confidence in the upper body.
– Scaled movements:
– box HSPU
– pike push ups
– HSPU to abmat
– regular push ups
On the 4:00 x 5 rds
– 9 burpee box jumps 24/20
– 12 double db front squats
– 15/12 calorie Echo Bike
MRx: 30/25, Rx: 50/35, Rx+: 60/45
– db weight should be something we can do unbroken sets of in the rd.
– 5 scores today – put your math hat on and total up each of your rds for final score.