CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“People are not lazy, they simply have goals that do not inspire them.” Tony Robbins
Something we can all agree on: anything is life worth achieving, is going to be very, very hard. There’s no two ways about it. So we make goals.
But goals sometimes default to the “whats” in life. A “what” can be a certain amount of pounds on the barbell or an amount of pull-ups. These are goals, but they are not “reasons.”
Reasona are what gets us out of bed in the morning. What we think about in the shower. What we see in the mirror when we look into it. Goals don’t move us forward – reasons do. Goals can be the waypoints of checkpoints along the way, but our reasons are ethe true North Star.
What are your goals? Can we refine them? Can we tie them to our reasons?
See Coach’s board.
Clean & Jerk Technique 1 (On the 2:00 x 5 sets)
– 1 pausing power clean
– 1 power clean
– 1 pausing push jerk
– 1 push jerk
Pause 3 seconds in the catch position of both the clean and jerk.
– repeat from last week with slightly higher %
– % are still meant to be on the lighter side to ensure good quality movement
– set 1: – 35% 1RM power clean
– set 2: – 40%
sets 3-5: 45%
– score the last three sets since they are the same weight
This Little Piggy (Time)
3 rds of:
– 500m row
– 21 toes 2 bar
– 12 power clean and jerks
MRx: 85/55, Rx: 105/75, Rx+: 135/95
– conditioning category: Threshold
– looking for a weight we could cycle 12+ c&j’s unbroken when fresh
– if you can’t string together 21= toes 2 bar unbroken when fresh, reduce the number of reps in the workout.