CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living, or get busy dying.” Andy Dufrense, The Shawshank Redemption
Earlier this week, we thought through the meaning of how “crisis” is written in Chinese. Two symbols, translating to danger and opportunity.
A third word to add comes from the Greek “krisis”, where the English word originated. In Greek, “krisis” translates to “choice.”
Adversity will change us, but how it changes is us through the “krisis” – the choice. As we move through our day, when we approach those inevitable challenges and frustrations; we’ll have that choice. We can chose to be bitter and upset, or to learn. Danger, Opportunity, Choice.
See Coach’s board.
Upper body pull stamina (Time)
5 rds of:
– 2000m Echo bike (2Km)
– 10 strict pull-ups
– looking to get a good amount of pulling volume in this piece
– unbroken pull-ups aren’t a requirement, but look to try to achieve larger sets as long as possible
Muscle Memory (Time)
5 rds of:
– 12 box jump overs
– 9 power snatches
– 6 bar muscle ups
Box jump overs:
MRx: 20, Rx: 24/20, Rx+: 30/24
MRx: 75/45, Rx: 95/65, Rx+: 115/85
MRx: pull-ups, Rx: chest 2 bar pull-ups, Rx+: bar muscle ups
– this workout will test our grip and midline
– looking to jump to a box a little higher than we are used to
– snatch weight should be something we could complete 15+ unbroken when fresh