CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Give more. Give what you didn’t get. Love more. Drop the old story.”
We often hold onto the past. And we all have felt ourselves do it. Sometimes they are worn as scars, sometimes like trophies. It’s not uncommon to use past events as a chip on your shoulder. “They didn’t believe in me.” All of those are potential motivators. But they only last so long, as they are fleeting and weaker forms of ammunition.
When we “fight against” something, such as something from the past, we will only go so far. When we “fight for” something it’s different. It’s purpose and meaning go beyond our singular life, transcending to something much bigger. This is the point where you can move mountains.
If you are holding onto something from the past, can you reframe the mental dialogue?
See Coach’s board
Stamina Squats (1 bb at 50% 1RM front squat)
On the minute x 8 (4 rds of each)
Min 1 – 5 front squats
Min 2 – 10 back squats
– there will be 5 weeks of this squat progression.
– reps per set will reduce, total rds will increase.
– The purpose is to build strength and resilience in our ability to cycle through higher volume squats. (very common in competition and in the Open)
– only a single weight is to be used for all of these squats.
Chasing Waterfalls (Time)
– wallballs 20/14 MRx: 30, Rx: 40, Rx+: 50
– calories Echo Bike MRx: 20/15, Rx: 25/20, Rx+: 30/25
– 10 single arm devil’s press MRx: 35/20, Rx: 45/25, Rx+: 60/45
– going heavy on the odd-object stimulus today.
– these are slow and grindy movements.
– chose a weight we feel confident completing 6+ touch and go db power snatches to ensure we meet the stimulus.