CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“There will never be a better you, then you.”
There is a lot to be said about authenticity. The first definition in the M-W dictionary reads: “worthy of acceptance or belief.” If there’s one sure way to find failure in something, it’s through not being ourselves. It just doesn’t pan out in the long run. While we always should remain a student, the harm lies in when we blur the lines between emulating the traits of our mentors; with trying to be them.
Our mentors do not wish for us to follow in their footsteps. Our mentors wish for us to go further, to blaze the path further than before.
We have incredible leaders to guide us. But it is now on us to push even further. And there’s no one suited better for that, than you.
See Coach’s board
Paused Back Squats (5 sets, 1 pausing back squat, 2 b. sqts.)
Back Squat w/ 3 second pause in the hole
all % based on 1RM back squat
set 1 – 55%
set 2 – 60%
set 3 – 65%
ser 4 – 70%
set 5 – 75%
– stay engaged in the bottom of the first squat, screw your feet into the floor.
– squeeze glutes so our hips are neutral n breathe into our diaphragm.
– score heaviest combination.
Modifications as required.
Drift Away (Time)
30 minute time cap
– 37/26 calories Echo Bike
– 50 double db power hang C&J MRx: 35/20; Rx & Rx+: 50/35
– 40 stationary “goblet hold” KB foward lunges 24/16 (green/yellow)
– 50 dead lift MRx: 155/105; Rx: 185/135; Rx+: 205/145
All weights should be something you can do 10+ times unbroken!
– break up these movements into two categories:
Bike and lunges: Keep moving
Hang C&J and DL: Chip Away at them