CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“True strength is the courage to admit weakness.”
Show me an athlete who is afraid to look bad, silly or stupid, and I’ll show you an athlete who will lose every time.
Vulnerability is a hot theme nowadays, and rightfully so. It’s the first step, and arguably most challenging, in facing our fears. It’s an extension of the “awareness” phase, where we admit to ourselves (and potentially others), that we have soft spots. And much like many other aspects in life, awareness is everything.
Gone are the days where “toughness” is summarized with gritted teeth and bad attitudes. Real mental toughness is facing the demons, the skeletons in the closet, the soft spots, and going on the attack.
Show me an athlete who is “willing” to look bad, silly, or stupid, and I’ll show you a very powerful competitor.
– foam roll
– pec stretch
– chest stretch on the floor
– frog stretch
– calf stretch
Wave Runner (Time)
On the 5:00 x 6 rds:
– 500m/400m bike erg
– 350m/300m row
– 200m ski erg
– This all cardio interval workout will begin each round every 5 minutes.
– Rounds should take no more than 4 minutes, leaving 1 minute to recover before the next rd.
– ADJUST DISTANCES AND INTENSITY TO PROVIDE THE 1 MINUTE RECOVERY.
– Score will be total time (meaning everyone will have 25+ minutes for their time.
– reduce distance to allow for 1 minute rest between rds.
Hanging midline (AMRAP – Reps)
– :20s max hanging flutter kicks
– :10s rest
– score is total number of flutter kicks at the end of 4 rds.
– each kick will count as one rep.