CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I’ll remember, involve me, and I’ll learn.” Benjamin Franklin
The musician doesn’t learn by listening, the musician learns by playing. It’s how the mind, in it’s ever plastic state adapts. It responds to application.
In the “Cone of Learning” (Edgar Dale), we learn:
10% of what we read;
20% of what we hear;
30% of what we see;
50% of what we hear and see;
70% of what we say and write;
90% of what we actually participate in.
Information without application is knowledge. Information with application is wisdom.
See coaches board
Under the sea Part A (Time)
With a 30 min. time cap do:
– double unders Rx: Masters – 150/ All else – 200, Rx+: 300
– row Rx: Masters – 1,500m, All else – 2,000m, Rx+: 2,500m
– 100 burpees
– endurance based chipper
– do in order
– slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
– mentally break each movement up into smaller segments.
– 900m run
– 1000m ski
– 75/50 cal Echo Bike
– 1 mile run
– 1,600m ski
– 100/75 cal Echo Bike
– reduce reps
– same number of singles
– same number of line hops
– push ups
Hang Clean (build to 1RM hang squat clean)
Under the sea Part B
in the time remaining until the 30 min time cap from part A
build to a heavy 1 RM, warm up quickly and start at about 65%
– the goal here is to quickly shift our focus and recovery to work to our heavy hang squat clean.
– with fatigue in our legs the barbell will pull us forward more than normal, expect this and stay balanced with good form throughout the lift.