CrossFit Evergreen – CrossFit
“Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” Abraham Lincoln
The desire to seek immediate gratification can be our mortal enemy. It drives us towards the comfortable choice. The safer option, or the compromise.
What we lack in those weak moments is discipline. Discipline is the willingness to stick to goals we set out to do. Emotions and conditions can tempt to sway us, where our discipline can see the temptations for what they are, and make the right decision.
This skill, as it truly is a skill we can practice, has been linked many times over to being a critical component of success.
What our emotions drive us towards today, may very well be directly against what we want in the long run. So we must question them. Stacked side by side, here we need to choose. Which do we want more? There can only be one…
Mobility 2 minutes on any erg or a lap then…
– 1 minute couch stretch each side
– pigeon pose 1-2 minutes each side
Activation 2-3 sets of:
– 10 cal on an erg
– 10 glute bridges
– 10 PVC Bergener warm up cleans
– 10 barbell push presses
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
On the 2:00 x 4 rds:
– 10/7 cal Echo Bike
– Max HRPU in time remaining
– Rds begin on 0:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00
– goal is to get as many HRPU as possible in the 2 minute window.
– Try to complete the Bike under :30 seconds to give you time to do as many HRPU’s as possible.
– Score is total number of HRPU’s. Take as little break as possible in this short continuous running workout.
Modifications as needed.
6 sets of the “Big Clean Complex” (Every 5 min.: 0:00, 5:00, 10:00, 15:00, 20:00, 25:)
6 Sets of the Following Complex:
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Push Press
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Push Jerk
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Split Jerk
– This is a benchmark WOD.
– This 12-rep complex will challenge both our stamina and strength.
– The full complex is designed to be completed without putting the barbell down.
– The goal is to climb in weight with each set as we build to a heavy complex.
– Start arounf your 45-50% of 1RM C&J.
– Final score is your heaviest complex completed unbroken.
– Think about using the hook grip because of the high number of reps.
– Move relatively quickly between each lift.
3-position squat clean:
– 3 position db squat clean
– 3 position bb or db power clean
– double db push press
– single db push press (each arm)
Push Jerk/split jerk:
– double db push jerk
– single db push jerk (each arm)